Keep Kanab Unspoiled promotes growth and development that focuses on quality of life, job creation, and protection of our natural resources.
We successfully fought against a Frac sand mine that would have depleted our aquifer and polluted the air.
- We engaged with local businesses, cattle ranchers, and other stakeholders.
- We collaborated with other community groups.
- We organized the community to attend and submit comments at City Council and County Commission meetings.
- We conducted industry analysis showing the project was not economically viable.
- We collected over 13,000 signatures from people opposing the frac sand mine.
- We did a media campaign to bring national attention to the issue.
Kanab continues to be threatened by ill-conceived industrial projects and poor city planning. Keep Kanab Unspoiled works to find solutions that benefit the whole community.